Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2010-03 > 1268252151

From: "William McKinney" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] RP church in Wilkinsburg
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:15:51 -0500

Hugh,

Thank you so much for the tip. I have a tough time getting around anymore --
too many surgeries -- and the trip to Pittsburgh can be costly. Even though
it's only from Erie, it would have to include a couple of nights in motels
to be of any real use. I'll get down there, hopefully sometime this year.
But this really helps. The McKinney family were strong Presbyterians --
you'll find a couple of noted church leaders in Pa. named McKinney, but they
were not part of my direct line unless, of course, they're from the
generation who came over before 1822 (and there were many).

I will explore that site thoroughly.

Thank you again. I've been on this site, now, for quite a few years, and I
absolutely love it, even when it gets slightly off track. For one thing, I
know it won't last long. Not with Linda at the helm.

Bill McKinney
Erie