Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2010-03 > 1268231552

Subject: [S-I] Roots TV to Live On
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:32:32 +0000 (UTC)

Hi folks, I hope you all are familar with Roots TV. It is a free website with video on genealogy. Recently the owners announced it was too expensive to continue, but due to an overwhelming outcry (and the agreement of users that they'd tolerate commercials to keep it), this treasure trove of 700 and growing videos will stay on line.

If you haven't used it, consider doing so. I always say (alas, not jokingly) that one big difference I have noted between professional genealogists and amateurs is that the pros are always learning and the amateurs think they already know it all. Chances are you can't afford hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars to solve one of your many problems, but luckily there is a cheaper alternative: plugging in the ol' thinking cap. This also delays the onset of Alzheimers (but doesn't seem to help much with fitness goals) besides protecting the family fortunes.

To read Dick Eastman's announcement see
http://blog.eogn.com/eastmans_online_genealogy/2010/03/rootstelevisioncom-will-survive.html

Or go here to the website:
http://rootstelevision.com/

Click on "Please Read" to read the announcement.

Linda Merle

This thread: