Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2010-03 > 1268210756

From: "Edward Andrews" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Whisky or not
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:45:56 -0000

Actually you have missed the cultural point which Ella made.
Scotch is spelt Whisky, while Irish Whiskey (Bush, Jamisons, Powers and the
like) are spelt whiskey.
The point which Ella was making was that even if we chose whisk(e)y as out
symbol there is a difference between the Irish and the Scotch.

Actually if we were reflecting the Ulster part our Whiskey would need to be
Bush or Comber, not Jamison's which is from Dublin.
Edward