Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2010-03 > 1268047916

From: "john shearer" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Okay Bit-Map People!!
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 11:31:56 -0000

In my experience you are absolutely correct but I would suggest that there
are several valid but different positions.

a) The view of Protestant Scots Irish who returned to Scotland, when
they arrived and how their view evolved after a period of assimilation.

b) The view of Irish who came to Scotland, when they arrived and how
their view evolved after a period of assimilation.

c) The view of Protestant Scots Irish who migrated to the USA, when
they arrived and how their view evolved after a period of assimilation.

d) The view of Irish who migrated to the USA, when they arrived and
how their view evolved after a period of assimilation.

And there will be variations on the above depending upon education and
whether or not people were involved in mixed marriages.

I think most people on this list are tracing ancestors who moved from
Ireland to the USA from Northern Ireland.

I suspect you and I are in the minority who are tracing ancestors who moved
from Ireland and Northern Ireland to Scotland.

Regards

John S.