Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2010-02 > 1266960339

Subject: Re: [S-I] The Snow and Temp Thread
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:25:39 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Judith, as a Former New Englander, I can assure you that the parking chair is well known in all places that get 60 inches or more regularly. We are mere novices here in Pittsburgh where people routinely declare a snow disaster over 6 measly inches. People have been shot and died over parking spaces elsewhere. The police don't inforce these laws anywhere. 'Common law' or vigilante justice prevails (whichever you prefer <grin>).

My neighbors aren't speaking over this issue. All the one said to the other's wife (hunting down a Taker of Her Parking Space) was what you wrote below -- it was public property and anyone could park there. He earned a nasty visit from The Husband and was informed he'd better never speak to my neighbor's wife 'like that' again. I think Grouch (and wife) should be forced to take a 'time out' as standing them in the corner or giving them a good spanking are no longer in vogue.... However he snow blows my walk so I'm neutral <grin>.

I confess I've wanted to slash a few tires myself..... Your neighbor is lucky she wasn't shot. Some of these people were a little mentally unstable even before the snow. It truly is miraculous no one has died over this issue. I was having an napalm fantasy: getting a huge blaster and toasting the whole yard. It would solve the problem of the overgrown shrubs as well. Rambo III or IX or whatever.....

I don't know if the mayor of Pittsburgh will be the first guy to lose his political career due to a snow storm but he may be. When he loses, his political buddies will then put him in charge of massive domestic disaster recoveries -- ie Katrina II. So maybe you shouldn't vote him out. Please, lets keep him where he can do the least harm. Please re-elect him. Please! Think of the country.....

Warwick (and you Mainers)....just remember the rest of us are not too mentally stable right now. I'd be careful.

Linda Merle