Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2010-02 > 1266693253

Subject: Re: [S-I] Group Project for Scotch Irish genealogy
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 19:14:13 +0000 (UTC)

Hi David, it most definitely only runs with Firefox, a free download that doesn't have the security issues that IE has though it has annoying features like all software. However it's very popular among the scholarly set, who can refuse to use it if they don't want to get a degree from universities that use Zotero as a standard. I moved to it as security thing and now find I like it a lot better than the others. The price is right, as they say.

I'll proceed without people who won't download it to do a bibliography. The same people will be unable to use it as well and I'll have a new joke to explain quickly the difference between 'family historians' and scholars.

I love your sig:
"This message represents the official view of the voices in my head." The voices in my head often say things that I cannot reveal in public without pissing off everyone so I'd have to say "This message represents the sanitized opinions of the voices in my head.....I hope." I think I'll go spend the day in the bunker just in case <grin>. Nope, can't, it's covered by two feet of snow and a lot of frozen dog poop. Okay, who forgot to digout the bunker???!!!!!!!!

Linda Merle