Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2009-11 > 1259435228

Subject: Re: [S-I] Admin Posts administrative email to list!
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 14:07:08 EST

Not all AOL users have problems with lists. I get mine fine. I have had
problems with Eastman's and Ancestry's newsletters though, plus I like to
save some of my old emails and I have had trouble retrieving them so I think
that after about 15 years, it is finally time to move my genealogy and regular
personal accounts to a service that will keep them for me..

This is always a problem when you have been doing genealogy for years and
really like it when some post you dropped in year 2000, brings you a response
from Australia or Croatia or wherever. I am going to start working on
this.

I have a Gmail account since I think (hope?) Google is going to be around
for a while and I know they will save my old mails. And now I need to do a
google search on my name and my AOL email address and post responses to all my
old posts saying where I can NOW be found. That will take time, but I can
always use good ol' copy-and-paste.

Then I will have to unsubscribe from all my groups and newsletters and
subscribe with my new address. Then I think I will want a separate email address
for my personal stuff. And it is going to take quite a long time to
remember all the places (like banks, investment accounts, etc that also have my
AOL address). It is going to take quite a while to get free of AOL. But it
will make Rootsweb and Linda happy, I hope. What have I missed?

Ann

This thread: