Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2009-09 > 1252670891

From: <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Alexander Campbell and his father,Thomas? Founders of Campbellites
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 07:08:11 -0500

William Maxwell's book Ancestors, which is largely about his efforts to
discover his own family history, has an long section on the Campbells, as
his relatives were at one time involved with their religious movement, if I
remember correctly. He also mentions some of the sources he uses -- my
vague memory is that there might be a memoir by Alexander or one of his
associates.

Anyway, it's a good book, and I remember the part on the Campbells being
quite interesting.