Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2009-09 > 1252543607

From: Farrell Hogg <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Alexander Campbell and his father,Thomas? Founders of Campbellites
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 17:46:47 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, Thomas was the father of Alexander Campbell. They were called Campbellites derisively by those who did not agree with them. They believed in strictly "following the Bible in what it said and being silent where it was silent on things spiritual. Their movement grew into the churh of Christ, of which I am a member.
All the best,
Farrell Hogg