Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2009-09 > 1252494663

From: "Edward Andrews" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Another Reburial Question
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 12:11:03 +0100

A community of 250 souls would have needed 2 Presbyterian Churches so that
there was one that they did not go to. ;-)

The whole essence of tracing Presbyterians is understanding that there have
been a history of splits and reunions since the days of the Reformation.
While I know something about the history in Scotland and a wee bit about
what happened in Ireland all I know is that in America not only were the
theological and social reasons for the various splits carried over from
Europe, but in America there was also a division about slavery.
It is all quite complicated
Edward