Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2009-05 > 1242920003

From: Ulster Ancestry <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Lisburn Cathedral
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 15:33:23 +0000

Hello Edward,

I will look up the original entry of marriage in the Lisburn Cathedral registers,for you.

Send me the date of the marriage in question and the names of bride and groom.

It may take me a week to 10 days to get back to you.

best regards

Robert

www.ulsterancestry.com

> It was when I went to my Grandparent's marriage on the Ulster Historical
> Foundation that I had problems.
>
> The Census put my grandparent's wedding 1894/95. And I simply couldn't find
> a GEORGE INNES in Lisburn in that time scale. I then looked for a HARRIET
> FRYARS and bingo. Certainly the right woman (even though her census DOB and
> her Marriage record don't add up. The big problem is that the groom on the
> record is given as GEORGE JAMES.
>

> I rang up the Ulster Historical Foundation and they checked and told me
> that was what they had in their source.
>

> Has anyone got access to the Lisburn Cathedral Register for 1894 to see if
> there is a transcription error?
>

> By the Way the UHF don't have all the Births All I can find are my Paternal
> Grandmother, and that is with my parents birth certificates so I know that
> they should be there.
>
> Thanks
>
> Edward
>

> Only by recovering prophetic and objective modes of preaching, in
> faithfulness to the gospel of Christ crucified and in contradiction to
> society's profane habits and priorities, can we truly challenge our dying
> culture and reveal to it its own possibilities for resurrection.
> Alan E Lewis. "Between Cross and Resurrection. A Theology of Holy Saturday"
> Eerdmans 2001 p 377

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/

This thread: