Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2009-05 > 1241838797

From: Nancy Elder Petersen <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] In The Midst
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 20:13:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi John,
As Host of the ELDER DNA project, I have discovered
that ELDER families who lived in Armstrong Co PA have been verified as
my "DNA cousins."
I have titled them "FRANKLIN CO PA" DNA group, matching my brother's DNA.
Our Rev. War soldier is ROBERT ELDER b. abt 1730 Perth, Scotland,
d. 1807 FRANKLIN CO PA.
Joshua ELDER, who surveyed for Rev. War land in Armstrong County, belongs to a different line of ELDER families, which I titled
"PAXTANG PA" DNA group. Both have connections to Donegal County
and Ballymoney, Co Antrim (with some Derry included) and
somehow back to Scotland. I'm hoping to find more origins in Scotland.

Armstrong County Family's database:
WorldConnect
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=dixiebell&id=I10416
# ID: I10416
# Name: James Elder
# Given Name: James
# Surname: Elder
# Sex: M
# Birth: 26 Oct 1817 in , Armstrong, Pennsylvania
# Death: 8 Sep 1898 in East Franklin Twp, Armstrong, Pennsylvania of Dropsy
# Burial: Sep 1898 Myers Cemetery, East Franklin Twp, Armstrong, Pennsylvania
# Note:
1850 P Census, Perry Twp: Thomas 29, Farmer (living next to father)
Lucy 25
Robert 5
George 3

Father: Thomas Elder b: 28 Feb 1791 in , Emlenton, Venango, Pennsylvania
Mother: Elizabeth "Betsy" Young b: 1 Sep 1794 in , , Pennsylvania

Marriage 1 Jeanetta Hagan b: 12 Sep 1822 in , Armstrong, Pennsylvania
* Married: 2 May 1839 in Perry Township, Armstrong, Pennsylvania
* [ d 1903 Cowansville, E. Franklin Twp., Armstrong Co., PA]

Findagrave photos of cemetery markers:
James Elder
birth:Oct. 26, 1817
Death:Sep. 8, 1898