Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2009-03 > 1237432505

From: "Carolyn Shearer" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] DAR Closed lineages
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 23:15:05 -0400

Have you checked for patriotic service for your PA ancestor? Although
Quakers usually did not fight, most did pay the special Supply Tax raised in
1779 that was used for the war. You can find the tax lists in the PA
Archives, 3rd series, various volumes, but filed by county.

Carolyn Shearer, Chapter Registrar, Franklin County PA Chapter, NSDAR