Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2009-02 > 1235227913

From: Karolyn Simpson <>
Subject: [S-I] Emigration from Ireland to Canada
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 14:51:53 +0000

My ggrandfather, John McBride, and his wife emigrated from Ireland 1820-1822 and landed at Quebec, Canada, then moved to Albany, NY where John worked on the construction of the Erie Canal. (this information from his obit)
I had heard or read someplace that many people sailed to Canada because it was less expensive than to America.
Karolyn