Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2008-11 > 1227564374

From: "TODD KERRY BRANDOFF" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Scotch-Irish soldiers
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:06:14 -0700

Hugh is correct about the info from Webb's book, "Born Fighting," regarding the numbers of
Scots-Irish in the Confederate Army. On page 232, he states, "But the bulk of the Confederate Army including most of its leaders, was Scots-Irish..." These leaders included Albert Sidney Johnston, Jeb Stuart,
Nathan Bedford Forrest, and Stonewall Jackson. Robert E. Lee was Scottish.

I am currently reading the book, and it is a very interesting read.

Kerry