Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2008-11 > 1227563395

From: "Hugh Fullerton" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Scotch-Irish soldiers
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:49:55 -0600

I don't remember the numbers, but I think James Webb, in his book "Born
Fighting" gives estimates of these. They can only be very general, however,
since S-I was not recognized as an ethnic group, and no one classified the
soldiers anyway. His main thesis is that the Scotch-Irish have done a large
share of the fighting in all U.S. wars, as part of their heritage,
especially those of S-I descent from the southern Appalachians.

Hugh S. Fullerton