Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2008-02 > 1202422432

From: Rosemary Weisgerber <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Genes Reunited
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:13:52 -0600

Hi Linda,

That's interesting, as I also discovered a lot of French ancestors in my
Dad's paternal line, especially those from Jersey, Channel Isles (my Dad was
born in Cornwall, England). I also discovered a born-in-France g grandfather
& a 2g grandmother in my Dad's maternal line, which was quite unexpected, as
we thought that bunch were all Cornish.

I guess that's part of the thrill of the search....you never know what might
turn up, non?? Sadly, je ne parle pas francais....well, I guess I have a
little "francais", but it is from long ago high-school days & pretty rusty!

Rosemary