Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2008-01 > 1199378967

From: "KM" <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Ulster Scots Protestants in Lakefield, QUEBEC, CANADA
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:49:54 -0500

Hi Betty,

Thanks for your interesting response.
We held a McDonald family reunion in 1989 at the old Kerr's farm boarding
house property with more than 100 direct descendants of the original
settlers attending from across Canada. Henry McDonald and his wife Esther
McCormick who came from Ireland about 1823-27. Esther was born and raised a
city girl in Dublin. This was all written up with photos in THE WATCHMAN, a
town of Lachute weekly newspaper, October 16th, 1989. my dad, William John
Henry McDonald, was a great grandson of the original settlers, Henry and
Esther.
Kerr's farm was on the original grant to a James Kerr -lot 9a & 9b Conc VI
with extensive frontage on Lac Hugh to the north.
I also have another John Kerr settler on lot 10a Conc IV.
And I see your ancestors, Patrick Kerr lot- 11b, and William Henderson lot -
8a, both on Concession II.

I wonder if you happen to know the names of ships at that time, or any
passenger lists from Ireland in the 1820-1830 window?

Best regards,
Keith