Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2007-11 > 1194415839

From: "FRANK GEBHART" <>
Subject: [S-I] SLOWEY/SLOEY/SLOY/SLOWE -- DAVIDSON/DAVISON
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 22:10:39 -0800

John SLOWEY/SLOEY/SLOY/SLOWE and Elizabeth DAVIDSON/DAVISON are a set of my maternal great-grandparents.

John S. was born in 1841. Don't know where. No primary record has been found.
Elizabeth D. was born on 22 June 1842. Don't know where. No primary record has been found

They were married around 1864. Don't know where. No primary record has been found.

According to family tradition the 1st two children, John/James and Elizabeth were born in Glasgow in 1865 and 1866 respectively. No primary records have been found.

The family emigrated to North America in about 1868. No passenger list has been found.

John SLOY, Elizabeth and children, Jas and Elizabeth, are found in the 1870 census of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.

Four more children were born in Pennsylvania, Ella, Kate, Mollie, and Mary Josephine, the last being my grandmother. Nothing is known of Ella and Mollie, even whether they truely existed or were somehow the product of an enumerator's confusion. See below.

The family moved to Jefferson County, Arkansas, in 1876 where John SLOWEY, Elizabeth and six children are found in the 1880 census.

This thread: