Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2007-10 > 1191880683

From: <>
Subject: Re: [S-I] Were my ancestors Scotch-Irish?
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 16:58:03 -0500

Hi,

After reading about the Scotch-Irish immigrants to the colonies before the Revolutionary War, I have began to wonder if my ancestors were among this group.

Isaac Lawson, my gggg grandfather came to Rockbridge Co., VA with his wife and children in 1782, according to the personal property and tax lists of the county. He was married to Agnes [surname unknown]. All of their children were married in Rockbridge, the earliest in 1799 and the last known in 1817.

According to the migration of Scotch-Irish from PA ports, Rockbridge Co., VA in the Kerr's Creek area is thought to have been a destination.

Isaac Lawson and Robert Lawson are listed among the names of persons taking seats in the of the Old Monmouth Meeting House on 05 Sept 1790, which became the New Monmouth Presbyterian Church.

I am seeking information about the parents and siblings of Isaac Lawson and what his relationship, if any, is to Robert Lawson, who came to Rockbridge in 1784.

Is my Isaac Lawson a Scotch-Irish immigrant or the descendent of Scotch-Irish immigrants?

My cousin has participated in the Lawson DNA Project and has a haplo group of R1b1c. Is this place of origin considered to be among the Scotch-Irish descendents?

Thank you for your assistance,
Barbara [Lawson] Shackelford
TN

This thread: