Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2007-06 > 1182354549

From: "Karen Hart Anthony" <>
Subject: [S-I] HART
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:49:09 -0400

My ancestor, Samuel HART, lived in Cavan Township, Kilmore, Co. Armagh (I believe!). How can I find out what estate he lived on?

He was born about 1815. He married Rebecca KELLY in Clare Presbyterian Church in 1840. They emigrated soon after to Ontario Canada. I have much information from that point on, and I know Rebecca's sisters and parents.

I do not know Samuel HART's siblings or parents. Any thoughts about how I can find this information?

I've tried to contact the church in Clare to get a marriage registration or certificate, in order to find witnesses and maybe even parents' names. I have had no luck with that, as I've never received any answers. I tried via the internet and I even mailed a letter to them in Ireland - still no luck.

Thanks so much,
Karen Hart Anthony
Maine, US

This thread: