Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2007-06 > 1182351210

Subject: [S-I] Shirley Estate Records
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:53:30 EDT

As a follow-up to an earlier posting, I'd like to search the Shirley estate
records in the hopes of finding more information about my ancestors and would
appreciate any guidance listers can provide. My gggrandfather James Johnston
operated a mill in Raferagh in the 1850s through 1880 or so. His brother Thomas
was superintendent of the Laragh mills, Edward was a mill foreman there, and
John was a mill inspector in Cornacarrow. If anyone can advise me how to find
more information on these mills in the hopes of finding references to my
ancestors, I'd be very grateful.

Diane </HTML>

This thread: