Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2007-04 > 1176666549

Subject: Re: [S-I] Latest pass at mapping Some Related Ulster families
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 19:49:09 +0000

<< First of all we have lots of records, but they identify only the leaders.
They do not identify everyone, like modern records. The records we do have are
difficult to use. Like estate records. >>

There is a new and useful online database of records from Bready - the area along the east side of the River Foyle, north of Strabane and south of Londonderry, including the Abercorn estates. See http://www.breadyancestry.com/index.php?id=45

Click on Genealogy and then on databases and you will get to a searchable set of census substitutes for the area. There is also a comlete transcription of William Roulston's book "The Parishes of Leckpatrick and Dunnalong."

John Polk
Havre de Grace, MD

This thread: