Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2006-09 > 1158427977

Subject: [S-I] Possible Break-thru (Scotsh Irish) Contracts of Bondage
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 13:32:57 EDT

Listers

I have recently found my `possible` lost ancestor the infamous BL__K McComb
b 1685. His name is WILLIAM. I know I have'nt mentioned this yet, but I found
him thru another connecting families register. Edith Lyons Furr, the Furr
family also decends from these lines, it sounds like she connected to the MACOMB
side, known cousins to my Robert 1st b 1710. There are more families
surfacing now. Pattersons, Irons, some others.

In the Macomb Record, William being the father of John Gordon, also had a
son named Robert (I wonder) this generation is the empty one right before it
goes into the 2 missing generations on us I Ireland, ref the McComb Book.
Altho, the information turns up in the Macomb Record, even the date the migrated
to Ireland 1680.

William, 2 sons and their wives,and a g-duagther came with the wife of James
Patterson in the year 1732. James had already come in 1728 without her, she
came with my ancestor tot he Quaker Colony.

They got here to the USA, by signing CONTRACTS OF BONDAGE, ofcoarse I have
no idea what this, can anyone explain? What is it, it sounds bad? Do I still
need to find other emigration or passenger listings? Where do I find these
contracts of bondage.

*Jeffrey McComb jr
*
*_Sine Manicus Ne Tange Felem_
(http://hometown.aol.com/jjrmccomb/index.html)

*©2006.All Rights Reserved. _MacThomas-L-Rootsweb.com_
(http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/surname/m/macthomas.html)