Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2006-07 > 1152211867

Subject: Re: [Sc-Ir] Scotch Irish DNA Projects
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 18:51:07 +0000

Nothing's wrong, except that it is not what our ancestors who went to Australia called themselves or what our ancestors who stayed in Ulster called themselves. I said "Global", not Pennsylvania.

And I'm tired of fighting about the name, frankly. Want something globally acceptable that is not a red flag for people whose DNA I hope I DON'T share, but, checking out my brothers,
I probably unfortunately do. (they love fighting about anything).

I live here in Pennsylvania and since having this thought, no earthquakes. So I think the ancestors are okay with this <grin>. Though if someone else starts a Scotch Irish project before I do, I'll join it -- it'll mean THEY have to do the work, not me. So by all means rush and start a project. Please, I beg you, steal this idea and save our sacred name!

Linda Merle
From: "JCNESBITT" <>

> What is wrong with "Scotch-Irish" since this is what our ancestors who came
> to Pennsylvania in the pre-Civil War called themselves?

This thread: