Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2005-12 > 1134016292

From: "Sarah" <>
Subject: Re: Scotch-Irish-D Digest V05 #212
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 22:31:49 -0600

Thanks Linda Merle,
We have found records of some of our line coming over
and they were with a large group of Presbyterians.
They settled in Lancaster PA and may have been serveyers? They later moved
in 1756 down to York SC.
they established a Presbyterian church there.

While in NI last May we were told that the cemetaries
in many counties had been recorded and were in the Linen Hall Lib. My
FLeming Line and extended families came from Co.Tyrone and Antrim. We were
able to visit these areas and found the church where many worshiped.
The cemetary was full of familiar names from records I've researched.. It
was only about 2 hrs from Dublin or back over to Belfast. If they wanted to
leave out they could have gone several ways. Would have been a journey in
those days to go by wagon anywhere.....But they must have as they came over
in 1730 from Co. Tyrone NI.
They were Presbyterian elders and married into several families they came
with. We just have not proof of parents or ship, date of entry etc.....
Thanks for the information. After new Years maybe I can look at some of it.
We have about 5" of snow tonight and -2 here in Kansas
A good time to stay in and do research.
Hugging the woodstove and staying warm.
We leave soon for Texas and will get back to seraching when we return.
Thanks for all the ideas,
Merry Christmas to one and all,
Sarah