Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2005-11 > 1132793225

From: "E. Suhre" <>
Subject: Traditions
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:47:05 -0600

I agree with Elaine Allen. I sometimes don't have enough time during the Holidays and many other times to pick up a book and read it from one end to another about a Holiday, living conditions, meanings of words etc. before another Holiday arrives. Thusly, I appreciate the tidbits given on the list about history. And isn't that what genealogy is, history?

Information gleaned from the list helps fill out the bones of my ancestors. Sometimes I can see their faces, where they lived and how they lived through stories (short ones) given on the list.

In other words, thanks for the history/genealogy lessons. Keep up the good work.

Elaine Suhre

This thread: