Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2005-11 > 1132789250

From: "Virginia Beck" <>
Subject: Re: [Sc-Ir] Apology for asking for traditions/Surnames
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:40:50 -0800

Our ancestors were just more than a name and date on a page
> It's interesting to see what traditions and variations there of, have
> survived over the years!

I find traditions especially interesting because I grew up with no knowledge
of my father's family background -- not even the countries of origin for the
surnames. After I discovered that my maternal grandmother was SI, and
realized that it is from her family that most of our family traditions,
political leanings, moral values, etc. originated, it is fascinating to me
so see how similar they are to those of others from that same heritage. It
may not be "genealogy", but I sure have learned much of value about my SI
background from these occasional off-topic exchanges. I treasure them --
thanks.
Virginia