Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2005-09 > 1126300146

From: "John Polk" <>
Subject: RE: [Sc-Ir] Re: Scotch-Irish-D Digest V05 #160
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 17:9:6 -0400

I remember seeing a quote of this sort some years ago on a placard or card
you could buy in the gift shop at Valley Forge. However, as I recall it
said Scots not Scotch-Irish. I was not into history or genealogy at the
time and didn't relate to the quote, but remember being curious about what
Scots he was talking about. I thought is related to a more specific unit
in the Army that was attached to Washington for his personal defense. If I
have a chance to get back there I will look for it again.

John Polk

--- John Polk
--- Havre de Grace MD
---