Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2005-07 > 1121692013

From: "Edward Andrews" <>
Subject: RE: [Sc-Ir] Web site - www.irishgenealogy.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:06:53 +0100

Thank you for this Brian. I think that it is important that if people are
going to be looking at the early plantation that they are aware of the
ambivalent relationships between the various components of James' Kingdom.
(and in fact throughout the entire Stewart monarchy) This lasted right up
until 1707 for Scotland and 1801 for Scotland.
Perhaps the most remembered example of one part of the Kingdom screwing the
other was when William III played a not unimportant part in the destruction
of the Scottish Darian Adventure.
The books which you mention (Which are all very good) have all been
republished. Robinson in 2000 by the Ulster Historical Foundation ISBN
0-903688-00-0. Percival Maxwell, RKP for the Ulster-Scot Historical
Foundation, 1990, ISBN 0-901915445. Dickson ([New ed.] / with a new
introduction by G.E. Kirkham, Ulster Historical Foundation, 2001 ISBN
0901905128.
As my Dickson is a signed copy I don't think that I'll be trading up
Edward