Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2005-07 > 1121159994

From: "Edward Andrews" <>
Subject: RE: [Sc-Ir] Beatty
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:19:54 +0100

Thanks. I've discovered (TCD web page, it amazing what you can do with
Google) that Jane Ohlmeyer is the Erasmus Smith Prof of Modern History at
Trinity. She is a St Andrew's graduate, and seems to have very strong
connections with Scotland. Strange when I was there it was Theo Moody.
That is a book which should be republished. His Plantation of Londonderry.
The printers was destroyed in the Blitz, and only a relatively few copies of
the book exist. The result is that it is not well known. Haven't handled one
for almost 40 years and I can't remember a lot about it.
Didn't know about the Furgol book Sounds interesting.
Edward Andrews