Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2004-11 > 1101325276

From: (Ross McClain)
Subject: Re: [Sc-Ir] Fwd: NEHGS (New England Historic Genealogical Society)open access
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:41:17 -0600

I have to tell this story about my McLain family from NC & Walker County
AL. This town in Texas built a new church and it was the only
one in that town. The story goes the Methodist and Baptist were fighting
who was going to use the Church first. My grand mother Mary Ann Chastain
brother Travis James Houston McLain was a young boy. He had a wooden gun
and he ran around the church and said I cut and shoot through this bush.
So the towns people named the town Cut-And-Shoot,Texas.

This thread: