Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2004-11 > 1101312656

From: "Linda Merle" <>
Subject: Fwd: NEHGS (New England Historic Genealogical Society) open access
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:11:00 -0800

Hi folks,

I just got word from a list member that NGHGS will be
providing free access to the Register over the holiday.
What's THAT? The NEHGS is the US's oldest genealogical
society and it has been publishing a journal since it
began in 1847. More below!

Linda Merle

Open Access to NEHGS' Register Thanksgiving Weekend

"A Feast of Ancestors! Enjoy Free Access to the Register Online Over
Thanksgiving Weekend!

NEHGS is pleased to offer free access to its New England Historical and
Genealogical Register database on NewEnglandAncestors.org over the
Thanksgiving holiday weekend! Normally only available to NEHGS members, the
Register database will be accessible to everyone from Thursday, November 25
through Sunday, November 28, 2004. We encourage all NEHGS members to spread
the word about this offering, and we hope that those of you who are not
members find a veritable feast of ancestors in the Register database!

Published quarterly since 1847, The New England Historical and Genealogical
Register is the flagship journal of American genealogy and the oldest
journal in the field. The online database includes issues from 1847 to 1994.

The Register has featured articles on a wide variety of topics since its
inception, including vital records, church records, tax records, land and
probate records, cemetery transcriptions, obituaries, and historical essays.
Authoritative compiled genealogies have been the centerpiece of the Register
for more than 150 years. Thousands of New England families have been
treated in the pages of the journal and many more are referenced in
incidental ways throughout. The articles in the Register range from short
pieces correcting errors in print or solving unusual problems to larger
treatments that reveal family origins or present multiple generations of a
family.

Look for details on how to obtain free access to the Register in a special
eNews bulletin to be sent out Wednesday, November 24. A link will also be
available on that date on the home page of our website,
www.NewEnglandAncestors.org."

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.fea.net

This thread: