Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2004-07 > 1089245483

From: "Wendy Mclean" <>
Subject: Re: [Sc-Ir] Surname Warden
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 20:11:23 -0400

I have the descendants of Samuel Warden and his wife, Nancy Byers. Samuel
was born "probably in County Antrim" in about 1756. He eventually settled
in western Pennsylvania. I have learned throught the Westmoreland County
list that there is actually a place out there called "Wardentown".

This line of Wardens is well documented from Samuel forward, but I have
nothing earlier than 1756. I got most of my data from the Ancestry World
Tree and records within the family. One of Samuel's descendants became
partners with John Rockefeller in Standard Oil.