Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2004-02 > 1076157406

Subject: [Sc-Ir] Knight / Carroll
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 07:36:46 EST

Hello,

I am new to this list and hope someone will recognize my family. I have
posted to the appropriate Name and County lists, with no success.

I am seeking any information on ELIZABETH CARROLL and MICHAEL KNIGHT. They
were the parents of my gr-gr-grandfather, JAMES KNIGHT. James was born about
1832 in "Antrim" according to his U.S. Naturalization papers. After many years
of searching, I have been unable to locate his actual birth place, or any
information about his parents.

I know the family considered themselves "Scottish", I have seen some census
forms listing Scotland, or Ireland, or England as place of birth. My
grandfather, James Knight III, always said his family was "Scotch-Irish"!

Do this couple sound familiar to anyone on this list? Does anyone have any
suggestions about where to search for them? I've really hit a "brick wall".
Thanks for any help,
Paula

This thread: