Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2003-10 > 1067406210

From: Marion Moore <>
Subject: Re: [Sc-Ir] Re:Immigrantsto Lancaster
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:43:34 -0800 (PST)

One other thing to consider is that many counties have been formed from Lancaster County. The size of the county in the 1730's was greater than it is today.
Marion

wrote:

May I thank the many persons who responded privately as well as Linda Merle
for all the help you gave me on my query about why SI immigrants seemed to
gather in Lancaster, Pa.
I got some really good ideas and am doing some further research per
suggestions.
I will try to post the gist of it when I am through surfing.
Again. You all have been most helpful, and I appreciate it.
love
joan
For this is the day that the Lord hath made
Join me in rejoicing in it, and let us be glad!