Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2003-01 > 1042511698

From: "Lee Ramsey" <>
Subject: Re: [Scotch-Irish] Re: Scotch-Irish-D Digest V03 #10
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:35:05 -0500

Charles A. Wyly wrote:

... how come I have a copy- handwritten of Great Great Grandad Patrick
Fleming but his wife is not mentioned???

>>> Prior to 1922, women and children automaticlly became citizens when the
husband/father did. So, most times their names were omitted. Also, each
county/state had their own forms, so the information will probably vary from
the various courts of record.

Lee Ramsey

This is from Missouri Court,and
> including the swearing of no alegiance to the Queen of England or the
> Pope or any other potentate ,bishop, or country? There was no such thing
> as dual citizenship in U.S and any other country or Potentate. Perhaps
> this was not a set legal form, but the Presbyterian and Episcopal and
> other churches technically split into, U.S. and European branches because
> of the tendency shown in this paper. Also, when did it change from the
> present condition which causes Mexican women in labor to cross the border
> so her child will be an american citizen? And she is never sent back,
> especially if the father is American?
>
> Charles A. Wyly
>
> On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:23:05 -0500 Michael Cassidy <>
> writes:
> > At 2:46 PM -0500 1/12/03, wrote:
> > >Do naturalization papers for an individual in the mid 19th century
> > list names
> > >of the children? Also, what other information do they provide?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Yes in Latvia; in the US no tough minor children could use their
> > father's
> > natualization when the turned 21 to basically get theirs
> > automatically its
> > good to remember that women did not get naturalizes but where
> > naturalized
> > with their husbands and lost the citizenship if their husband lost
> > theirs
> > or they married an alien [BTW a woman birn int he US would also lose
> > her
> > citizenship when marring an alien; I do not know anything about
> > Irish
> > naturalization or British naturaliztion. I heard in the Mongolia you
> > must
> > submit a 25 generation family history with your naturalization
> > papers.

> > Jazz is freedom. - T. Monk
> > http://www.panix.com/~cassidy

This thread: