Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2002-03 > 1015567657

Subject: Re: [Scotch-Irish] Army Records in Kew
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 01:07:39 EST

Lucky you, getting to spend time in Kew. The list you want is available in
the film room, second floor. It is available in both computerized and book
form.
Look for the index into military pensions-Chelsea under your surname. I doubt
that you will find much for that time period if anything at all but it is
worth a try. Your man might also have been Irish militia and not in the
lists. The Kilmainham pension lists do not start until 1707.

He may be in some of the Irish lists found in Proni if he was Irish militia
or early Cromwell army etc. That has been published with all the names
available, I believe. Linda probably will know more on that one.
Nancy

This thread: