Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2002-03 > 1015534829

From: <>
Subject: Re: [Scotch-Irish] Baptists
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:03:18 -0800

Hi Georgia,

Pardon -- some additional info. I'm learning too how to give advice.
It seems important that you spend time focused on strategies that
will tell you where your ancestors did live in Ireland. That's
absolutely key.

According to the books I've read and the lectures I've set through,
you probably have to find that info in the land they immigrated to.
That's a hard blow and its the reason I've not done much personal Irish
research recently. On a number of our lines, we just don't have
enough info to begin Irish research. Yes, I have huge spreadsheets
of data got from the same sources you mentioned, but I cannot
connect any of it to some lines that I do not have a location in
Ireland for yet. So on those lines I'm back to researching in the
USA.

You can buy Carmack's book or use
http://genealogy.com/university.html . Using it my family has found
the origins of a couple lines -- in the USA.

However.....I recall the speaker (David Rencher?) talking on
NIDS saying he found the location of his ancestor (Dundalk) in
the INDEX in NIDS. So he didn't even have to order a film <grin>.
So you never know.

Linda Merle

This thread: