Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2002-02 > 1013690510

Subject: Re: [Scotch-Irish] LDS Family History
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 07:41:50 EST

In a message dated 2/13/2002 8:21:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> Beware of family legends. It's like the old child's game of "secrets"

I totally agree. I had always been told that a great uncle, Stewart Jackson
Smith, was named for Gen. J. E. B. Stewart and Gen. Stonewall Jackson. His
dad had been an officer in CSA. Made sense. One day I was talking to a
genealogist and mentioned this. He replied: No , he wasn't . He was named for
his great grandfather - Stewart Jackson. Found a whole new line of relatives.
Betty.

This thread: