Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2002-02 > 1013655547

Subject: [Scotch-Irish] LDS Family History
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 21:59:10 EST

Just want to add my 2 pence.....The LDS info has been invaluable to me the
same way the stories from the family elders have been; they have pointed me
in directions I might not have gone before...some of the info has been right
on the money, some has had a grain of truth that has gotten blown way out of
proportion and some is just downright fiction....I think it was Linda who
pointed out that no matter WHERE you get your info you have to check your
sources....even your mother could be wrong (sorry mom).....I have found more
wrong info on the internet than correct info; GEDCOMs with babies born 5
months after the date of mother's death, etc....I keep a page in each of my
family books for "folklore"; stories that may or may not be true but there's
no way to prove it and everyone in the family has been telling it for
years......Genealogy without documentation is mythology (thanks Linda:-)

Elizabeth

This thread: