Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2001-08 > 0998006482

From: "ematt" <>
Subject: [Scotch-Irish] Slightly off-topic
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 20:03:22 -0400

With the list owner's permission I'm posting this slightly off topic
information.
An interest in the Scotch-Irish traditions that are incorporated in all of
us on this list do not always have to be scholarly pursuits. Sometimes we
can discover much about ourselves in works of fiction as well.
With that in mind I am recommending for your reading pleasure the marvelous
works of author Sharyn McCrumb. Much of her work is in the mystery genre but
she has also published several books in what she titles her "Ballad" series.
These novels all deal with the lives of Scotch-Irish and their descendants
in the Appalachians. Ms.McCrumb frequently points out that this mountain
chain ends in Georgia but starts in Nova Scotia encompassing both Yankees
and Southerners.
She also has a great website at www.sharynmccrumb.com/
Leona Graham Mattei

This thread: