Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2001-04 > 0986838559

From: (William Stranney)
Subject: [Scotch-Irish] Thanks to Linda re Straney surname advice
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 18:49:19 +0100

Linda,

Thanks for taking the trouble to give me those details and advice.
You've given me a lot of information and I'll consider it all very carefully.

I am both working on my family history and carrying out a one-name study on the surname "Straney".
By the way, rather surprisingly I've had great difficulty finding out details/addresses of one-name study societies, clubs etc. despite my searches on the internet. I'm thinking of clubs etc. that support members in the general art of one-name study, not clubs who are only interested in one surname.Can you, Linda, or anybody else reading, help me there at all? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I understand your point about my thinking the name was Scotch-Irish. I'm aware you have explained the meaning of Scotch-Irish more than once recently.

I live in Downpatrick, Co Down in Northern Ireland. If anybody has queries about people who may have once lived in or close to Downpatrick, or about the location itself, I'll try my best to help.

Thanks once again.

Billy.

This thread: