Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2001-01 > 0980396019

From: njarvay <>
Subject: [Scotch-Irish] Pklonghurst@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:13:39 -0500

At 07:21 PM 1/24/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 18:48:44 EST
>Subject: [Scotch-Irish] Dear List, this was my first day being on the list
>and I am very unhappy
>
>I received a reply to my James Hunter info from another researcher. Some of
>his remarks were in my opinoin rude and certainly not called for. What I
>sent were "Notes" that I copied from a book written on my ancestor and here
>is what the reply had to say, "it was rubbish" and "Stick to known facts.
>your hunt for your ancestors is exciting enough without having to spice it up
>with wrong history, and difficult enough without having to make barriers."
>He also asked "what is pure scottish blood?"
>
>That means they were from Scotland, what else? I am assuming he thought what
>I sent was my own words and not notes from over 100 years ago.
>
>I am only trying to find a connection to my family, I have enjoyed the
>correspondence I have had so far in all my research except for today. I am
>sorry I don't wish to discuss the religious (Presb vs Catholic) just looking
>for my family.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience your first day on the
list. Normally, the Rev. Andrews is very courteous. I'm not sure what set
him off, but, having read your note, I can assure you that it was nothing
you said. I'm guessing he's having a bad week. I hope you'll overlook
his remarks, and that you continue to subscribe to the list.

Best wishes,

Nancy Arvay

This thread: