Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2000-06 > 0962120339

Subject: RE: Nonsubscribing Presbyterians
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:38:59 +0100

For my info, (and maybe others) can you explain what the "Westminster
Confession" actually was?

As I say, I was brought up as a Presbyterian (but not a very strict one) and I
had never heard of this until I was about 25.

There was a "Non-subscribing Presbyterian Church" near where we moved to in
Lisburn, and I asked someone what it meant, all they knew was that it was to do
with the Westminster Confession, but they couldn't explain what it was either!

I'm quite happy for this to go "off-list" if you don't feel it belongs here or
if anyone else is offended by it.

Colin

This thread: