Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 2000-01 > 0946763410

From: <>
Subject: Re: John Moore -----Dublin
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 21:50:10 +0000

Hi John
In the Vital Records IndexBritish Isles there is the following
Mores John Born 1740 Hertfortshire Father.. Rechard Mores
Mother ..Marey
Moor John Chr 1742 Derbeshire Father...Henry Moor
Mother...Mary
Moore John Chr 1742 Worchestire Father...John Moore
Mother...Mary
Moors John Chr 1742 Dorchester Father...Robert Moors
Mother...Anne

There are no Irish records before 1800
Happy New YEAR

Mike wrote:

> Hopefully this ties in with someone's family line..... any
> assistance upline or down line would be appreciated.
>
> I have an ancestor, a "John Moore", born in Dublin, Ireland on July 19,
> 1741. I am not sure if he was actually born in Dublin or in the surrounding
> vicinity. He actually could have been born in England, but I just don't have
> verifiable information, only the Dublin data written on a piece of paper by
> an ancestor. He was apparently raised and enrolled for the priesthood, but
> at sometime during this training changed and became a doctor. He appears to
> have immigrated to America via Philadelphia, in 1770. I don't know if he was
> a certified doctor when he left Ireland and came to America or not. I have
> no additional information on John while in Ireland.
>
> He came by ship to America and to the state of Pennsylvania, USA and married
> a "Hannah Armstrong". They had three sons, John A. Moore Jr., Armstrong and
> Abraham. It is also stated they had five daughters, but I have found no
> record of such. They owned farm lands, called Example, Moorefields, and
> Station on the south branch of Whiteley Creek. He was in the Rev. War as a
> private, although our family papers stated he was a doctor. He was also
> called "schoolmaster" of Big Whiteley Creek in Greene Co. PA. He died on
> December 2, 1818 in Greene County, Pennsylvania. He and Hannah are
> buried in the Armstrong Cemetery near Carmichaels, PA.

This thread: