Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1999-12 > 0946580299

From: "Carolyn Thomas" <>
Subject: Bells Ulster Surnames
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 07:58:19 +1300

Please Could some kind person look in the above book for the surname ,BLACK?
I have recently found that the long line of Scotsmen I thought I came from
is not quite what it seems. My GG Grandfather, James BLACK has on the 1881
census taken in Glasgow that he was born in Strabane!!!!
Quite a shock to the system! However it certainly makes life a wee bit more
interesting.
As he was married in Manchester in 1860 I have no idea when he may have
arrived in the UK and would be most interested in the distribution of the
name in Ulster. Many thanks, Carolyn Thomas New Zealand

This thread: