Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1999-11 > 0942794612

From: Tony Knox <>
Subject: Re: Keziah Campbell of Ga.,NC
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 23:23:32 +0000

Glad this has come up because . . .

Nearly twenty years ago, just after the birth of my second daughter, I was
reading a book of names, some of them funny, to the girl's mother, who was
in the kitchen. One of the names I called out was "Keziah". I went on
reading, then thought I liked it, went round to the kitchen to see my wife,
and she was coming round to see me, because she liked it too. So we called
her Keziah. Not a common name in Ulster at that time, but it still sounds
nice to me.

Maybe that's where I went wrong. She's grown up to be tough, and feisty,
and independent, and she won't do a thing her parents tell her to. Ah
well.

I didn't know then that the name was part of the SI tradition, but I shall
henceforth assume (whether it's true or not) that it is.

Tony

--
Tony Knox

http://www.arrowfilms.demon.co.u