Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1999-02 > 0919712377

From: "LAMBERT-HAMID, LINDA" <>
Subject: RE: Won't You Tell Me About the Depression?
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:39:37 -0800

I saw the preview for this movie and it is said to
be a true story. It is called "October Sky". I
haven't seen the movie, but it's based on a book
by Homer Brickman, the main character. A teacher
in Santa Monica, California offered extra credit
for students with a ticket stub from the film. Supposed
to be very inspiring. Not all parents want their children
to do better, I guess. Strange!