Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1999-02 > 0919653557

From: "Virginia W. Beck" <>
Subject: Re: Won't You Tell Me About The Depression
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 19:19:17 -0800

This is the the American Dream personified! Work hard, see that your
children get a better education than you had, and help them do better than
you did. It is exactly what most people of our family's early generations
did. In our background were Quakers, Lutherans, Methodist-Episcopalians,
Presbyterians, Christians, and one ambitious group that founded a Christian
Community in Benzonia, Michigan. They were of English, SI, German,
Norwegian, Swiss, and Dutch origin, but they all had this intense work
ethic, and the desire to see that their children moved up in the world.
Their various faiths were integral to their both their spiritual and social
lives.
I have nothing but admiration for these industrious and brave people.
Regards, Virginia.

This thread: